View Single Post
Old
12-21-2012, 06:59 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 5496
Quote:
Originally Posted by DousedInOil View Post
Maybe if he was an NHLer. These are still kids. That little bit of confidence could go a long way. I've always been on the opposite side of the development argument. I think most projects (especially goaltenders) can be very fragile. The reason Detroit is so successful isnt because they draft exceptionally well, it's because they develop them and take their time. These kids have enough pressure as is.

The WJC is the biggest thing that these kids have played in (with the exception of RNH) and shouldn't just expect them to jump right in and dominate on their first go.

I doubt I'll convince you otherwise but it just rubs me the wrong way. Goaltenders require much more mental care than any other position. Lol they can be headaches sometimes.
Coddling Malcolm isnt an option. He has to hold up his end of the bargain, which is to give his team a chance to win games. Letting in a soft goal a game accomplishes the exact opposite of that.

Laurent Brossoit was wooed by Hockey Canada, playing in the summer series and the subway series, invited to the WJC camp, played well, only to be cut anyway. He did nothing wrong. How does that affect his confidence?

Who cares if Malcolm cant handle being usurped as the starter? Bottom line is he was given the chance in the first place, which is more than Brossoit got.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote