View Single Post
Old
12-21-2012, 07:57 PM
WinterEmpire
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaaaaB's View Post
What do you not understand about the CFL not being popular in Ontario?

Vancouver struggles to support minor league baseball, I guess Vancouver's not a baseball. Do you see how dumb that sounds. I've talked to hundreds of people in Ontario about football and almost none of them like the CFL better than the NFL if they even like the CFL at all. I don't agree with this but it's thought of as a joke league in Ontario.
Vancouver does not struggle to support minor league baseball from a fan perspective. They've been breaking franchise attendance records in recent years and been far and away the tops of their league. Regardless no I would not categorize Vancouver as a baseball city, because the number of people who consider it their most favorite sport is small.

And this is clearly the same with what has happened with the Bills series in Toronto. You can make excuses all you want but guess what, people in many other parts of Canada who support the CFL think the NFL is better too, but they actually enjoy the sport and will watch it and pay money for it regardless.

The point I was making was that Toronto has not shown a willingness to do that at any level of football. CFL is a failure, Bills series is a failure, why should anyone believe that Toronto could legitimately support an NFL franchise when they haven't proven they can do it at any other level of the sport.

WinterEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote