View Single Post
Old
12-21-2012, 09:03 PM
letowskie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
I think this is a pretty tough spot to fill if you are only talking about giving up a package of prospects.

Yandle is worth a lot, no doubt about it, but to get a top line player I suspect that a player like Yandle needs to be involved unless they were dealing with a team that was trying to rebuild. But it is highly unlikely that a team that is rebuilding is going to get rid of an under 27 year old top line forward.

If Yandle is expendable, there is the deal right there. Now you just need to find a team that wants D and has a top line forward 27 or under to spare.
You may have a valid point.

So assuming that Gormley develops as expected, and has somewhat close to the impact of Yandle, then we could afford to move Yandle. For Yandle, I think we would like to target someone like P. Kane. Of course some chicago fans are going to claim that someone Kane is worth more than a legit #1 D; but I hope that reason would prevail here.

Alternatively, we could go for someone slightly lesser skilled like Couture or Perron, but is still able to handle top-line duty. In that case, I think we would like to have some other smaller assets coming back in a package, something like Couture + Hertle, or Perron + Rattie/Jaskin coming back.

letowskie is offline   Reply With Quote