View Single Post
Old
12-21-2012, 10:02 PM
DousedInOil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Coddling Malcolm isnt an option. He has to hold up his end of the bargain, which is to give his team a chance to win games. Letting in a soft goal a game accomplishes the exact opposite of that.

Laurent Brossoit was wooed by Hockey Canada, playing in the summer series and the subway series, invited to the WJC camp, played well, only to be cut anyway. He did nothing wrong. How does that affect his confidence?

Who cares if Malcolm cant handle being usurped as the starter? Bottom line is he was given the chance in the first place, which is more than Brossoit got.
I don't get how bringing in LB helps prove that the people running hockey Canada are making the right moves. I was shocked when he was cut and now Canada is going to be kicking themselves because of it. Two wrongs don't make a right.

I mean, Canada hasn't had decent goaltending since Carey Price and I'm starting to wonder if It has more to do with the way they are handled. It's not like Sweden and Finland have goaltenders that were drafted top 10 at the draft. The talent is there for them to mold like clay.

Subban clearly has to play better and needs to take responsibility for his play but I don't want this to turn into the MacBlender where we have a different goaltender every night.

DousedInOil is offline   Reply With Quote