View Single Post
Old
12-21-2012, 10:06 PM
Dangles78

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmelm View Post
If Joe Morrow were to put everything together and reach his ultimate potential, then I think he has the higher upside and most valuable asset -- to this organization or another. I say this because he is even faster, even stronger, and even tougher than DP. But he is less sure to reach his "ultimate" level of potential. In truth, we don't yet know if Morrow will be a really nice, complementary guy in our top-6 (like Niskanen is on our team), or if he will end up being a legit, top-pairing, all-star Dman.

Derrick Pouliot, on the other hand and IMO, is more likely to reach his highest potential due to superior hockey sense, poise, and pedigree than Morrow. In addition, while Morrow has very good offensive upside, DP's overall offensive upside is even higher, and more unique within our prospect pool & organiztion. So I think he is more likely to be a valuable asset to our hockey club.

I personally voted DP as #1 in our prospect poll for these reasons; but at the same time acknowledge that Morrow could end up being the best of them all if he reaches his full potential.
Pretty much what I was thinking.

I think what gets overlooked a lot about DePo is his overall composure and mental toughness (on and off the ice). It seems like nothing gets to him and he takes everything is stride. That aspect can really speed up development.

IMO Morrow will end up being the better player, but Pouliot may hold more value to the Penguins right now because of what he brings.

Dangles78 is offline   Reply With Quote