View Single Post
Old
12-21-2012, 09:39 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise from the Ashes View Post
Leblanc was performing well before his injury and had put on a decent amount of muscle this summer. Honestly, you guys are looking into this far more than it has to be. He was hurt, lost his momentum, came back during a Dogs slump and is trying to find a spark right now.

Personally I think that Lefebvre is a fine coach. What I am not fine with is how the coaching staff is void of experienced offensive players. How is Lefebvre going to guide a young offensive forward to an NHL career when he was hardly an offensive force himself?

Leblanc will never be a dynamic forward, but he will provide hockey sense, skating ability, playmaking and penalty killing.

My guess is when the Habs drafted him they were banking on his improvement in his shooting arsenal as well as overall finesse.
I have the feeling that I might have overestimated his real offensive awareness and pure skillset. Still, tons of time ahead but I do have more reservations now that I had in the draft year. I obviously do NOT stopped believing in him though. Way too soon to do it.