View Single Post
Old
12-21-2012, 10:36 PM
JackSlater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
So your answer is totalitarian control and deciding who players play for, for them? Since you have no care for them as a person, it seems like this is exactly what you want. Seems like kind of a slippery slope.
What I'm saying it that if I ran Hockey Canada, I wouldn't select him for any Canadian team. It doesn't seem fair to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
The kid is 14 years old, let's worry about how good he is as a player before worrying so much about who he represents years down the road. Because as of today, there is nothing to discuss, we know which country he wants to represent and we know the only country he can represent as of today.
I'm not worried about what country he will represent, it's obvious that he will play for Canada if he is good enough. I am saying that I would prefer that he play for the country that trained him in hockey. You're right though, how he turns out as a hockey player is more significant and also mainly the point of the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarome Iginla View Post
How do you feel about Galchenyuk then? Lived and learned hockey till he was 15. Clearly he is a Russian player. How can you cheer for such a traitor?
I don't cheer for him, as I'm Canadian. I think it's basically a joke that Galchenyuk plays for USA, and if I was American I would be somewhat embarrassed by it.

JackSlater is offline   Reply With Quote