Thread: Prospect Info: 2012-13 Manchester Monarchs Thread
View Single Post
Old
12-21-2012, 10:55 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

vCash: 500
More of the same old story tonight. Monarchs lose to the Connecticut Whale 5-2. The offense continues to play well and get the majority of chances but need to start finding the back of the net a little bit more. Kinda reminds me of the Kings during their struggle. Get the chances but just not able to bury them.

However... Unlike those Kings the defense and goaltending have not been great! Tonight's lose was again due to poor defense (One particular piss poor hip check attempt by Rodney that led directly the to GWG goal) as well as the goaltender (Jones) unable to make the big saves. The fans gave a pretty big cheer when Jones was pulled in the 3rd in favor of Mannino. Peter Mannino has become the fans choice in Manchester.

He may start becoming Mark Morris's choice... He reportedly trashed the stick rack after the Monarchs let up the late 2nd period goal to make it 3-2 and kill the great momentum the Monarchs had build.

IMO Dean Lombardi made a mistake when he let Jeff Zatkoff go in favor of Martin Jones. I know Jones is the younger goalie, but Zatkoff will make the NHL. I'm not sure Jones will ever be an NHL goalie, just too damn inconsistent. Maybe it was just a wavier issue, I don't know. But I wish Zatkoff was still in Manchester.