View Single Post
Old
12-21-2012, 11:24 PM
Mathletic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
Watch him tomorrow morning against Canada. He's used in all sorts of situations and he's especially good in PK.
Yeah I watched him against the US. I agree he has value on the PK and could be useful down the road for an NHL team. That said, I'm not sure his ceiling is particularly high. I compared him to Klingberg at some point. Even though I still think Klingberg has a higher ceiling. I think, as a forwad, you have to bring more to the table than just defensive work. I don't see high offensive potential with him so far, but hey I could be dead wrong on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchen44 View Post
this ranking is pretty embarrassing. Della Rose in the 5th is a joke and how can you rank jones 4th? I really dont like this list but you did put in some effort
Like I said, I think people should question themselves as far as, is De La Rose really that good? I'll give you that he has nice size, hard worker and a good player on the PK. But offensively, I don't think he's anywhere near he should be for a 1st to 2nd round guy.

For me, MacKinnon and Barkov are ahead of Jones. Both are a year younger than he is. So, if you simply compare where Jones was last year compared to where Barkov and MacKinnon are this year. I don't think it's that close.

Like I said in a previous edition, dominant forwards have so much value that it's hard d-men to top that. Jones is having as good a season as any d-man in recent years for a draft eligible season. That said, the tossup at this point for me is between Drouin and Jones. If Drouin continues at this rate, he'll end up ahead of Jones in my rankings. If his play tails off a bit, then Jones could takeover as the n'3 guy on my list.

Mathletic is online now   Reply With Quote