View Single Post
Old
12-22-2012, 12:52 AM
Mathletic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko95 View Post
Wow intersting list, would be nice to know why you have ristolainen and nishuchkin so low in the most mock drafts they are in the top 10 /15.

And I really like that Dominik Kahun finally gets any love on a Mock Draft I haven't seen him on any other list.
And a huge thank. sou for your work
As for Ristolainen I think if we compare him to 2 Finns about the same age. That way we can better put in perspective his value. Ristolainen is about the same age as Olli Määttä and Ville Pokka. Määttä ended up going about 20th overall to Pittsburgh and Pokka was an early 2nd round pick by the Islanders.

From what I can gather Ristolainen has never really dominated at any level. Not saying he's a bad player, but compared to Määttä and Pokka he hasn't been as good. Size and mobility is interesting in his case but he's more of a project at this point.

As for Nishuchkin, he has come off well this year but his vision (or lackthereof) pretty much makes him drop in my rankings. The goal totals is nice but the assists aren't there in his case. He's a spectacular player to watch but the consistency doesn't seem to be there in his case.

Kahun's size must be working against him in most rankings but for as long as he keeps playing this way, it shouldn't hold him back too much. He's playing fairly well at even strength, which is a knock on most small forwards.

Mathletic is online now   Reply With Quote