View Single Post
Old
12-22-2012, 03:05 AM
mikko1995

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathletic View Post
All 3 are of the same age group. Under NHL draft rules they're not but the domestic rules have them at the same age being born in 94'.

Pokka and Ristolainen entered the B-Nuorten SM-Alkusarja league (Junior B) at the same age and all 3 joined the Nuorten SM-liiga (Junior A) at the same age. Also, both Pokka and Ristolainen entered the SM-Liiga last year.

I could be wrong on Ristolainen, my model isn't perfect but what I see on paper leads me to think he may not be as good as people made it out to be after a few good games at the WJC last year.
As far as I can tell and remember from hearing about him before he entered the SM-liiga, Ristolainen has dominated his peers (not offensively, but physically and defensively so it's hard to see that through the stats sheet), and while he is playing well in SM-liiga he lacks consistency; but I believe that'll come when he gets older.

And since this is a ranking for what you think will end up being how good they are during their playing career, I'd put him in the 20-30 range instead of 46 you have him at and about 6th for D instead of 13th. But since your ranking is based on stats and Rasmus' stats have never been that overwhelming, I think it's fair to rank him around there on the base of stats.

mikko1995 is offline   Reply With Quote