View Single Post
Old
12-22-2012, 04:07 AM
Faterson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
I really hope Janus and Visnovsky are on the team for the West. Both have been fantastic in Slovan, deserving of an All-Star nod, IMO.
Definitely, but... like someone said, Višňovský is an "old guy" and a former NHL All Star, and playing in the KHL All Star Game would add little to his career achievements, unlike for Janus who is at the beginning of his career and the badge of a KHL All Star might give him a career boost. I'm perplexed by how the Tampa Bay Lightning have been treating their goaltender pipeline, especially because they had trouble in that position in recent NHL seasons.

I have the distinct impression that Višňovský hates excessive travel, especially to far-away Russian regions. He's the hard-working, but easy-going type who grew very fond of beach weather in LA/Anaheim during his career. Remember how unhappy he used to be with the Oilers, and I think the weather had a lot to do with it.

To sum up, I think Višňovský won't mind it one tiny little bit if he's not selected to travel to Chelyabinsk. Janus would be a worthy representative of Slovan on the Western All Star team.