View Single Post
Old
12-22-2012, 04:41 AM
Lanny

vCash: 500
Scuttle but from the arena is that Corrado was upset with Burgess for making him drive back from Toronto after being cut from the Canadian world junior team. Tom Wilson of the Plymouth Whalers was flown from Toronto to Sudbury. It was kind of evident when Frankie skated onto the ice for player announcements. He skated with his head down throw the wolf and extremely slow. There is supposed to be in place now a deal for 3 players and from what I was told those players are Sefton, Leivo and Carrado. I am not sure if they are separate deals or a package. I challenged my source as I do not believe Sefton would be included as he can and will be back for an over age year. If the three players were to be packaged together, we would not recognize the Wolves in early January.
If I can remember the spring skate for the Wolves and training camp, Vilardi did not light it up. His numbers in Kingston are not mind blowing. He was an above average player in the spring skate and an unnoticeable player during the main camp. The player that caught my eye was Peters from North Bay. His numbers are much better and I thought he was a much stronger skater. In either case, both players will not make any kind of impact on the Wolves this year.

I would hope that Viardi, LeBlanc and Peters are all players the wolves will need on their roster next year. Along with some decent players and good picks from the upcoming player transactions, the Wolves may have a chance. From watching others teams come in to Sudbury, the Wolves need some size up front. Letís hope B.S. can get a defenseman and some sizeable wingers. I think he can get and older goaltender cheap and he just may do that with the kid in Copper Cliff playing pretty good right now.