View Single Post
Old
12-22-2012, 08:31 AM
Warm Cookies
Til Death Do Us Part

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Hunting View Post
Stewart vs. Orpik swap makes sense to me. I am a Pens fan, but I can confirm that the Pens are the one who has to be adding in this proposal. But I think both sides would benefit from a deal like this, Stewart could (COULD, not saying itīs 100%) definitely find that scoring touch in Pens system. Orpik didnīt have a great season but heīs not a type of player who is happy with that wild up-tempo style we were playing last year. He could still be rock solid stone under Hitch.

It depends on how much addition would be required to Orpik. I donīt consider that difference between them being = 1st rounder or prospect like Maatta/Despres/Dumoulin/Pouliot/Morrow/Bennett/Harrington.
I wouldn't add anything to Orpik. Stewart is no guarantee to produce in Pittsburgh, and if he doesn't, the Pens just acquired a scoring winger who can't score and isn't effective anywhere else in the line-up.

But most crucially, no team has ever gotten value for what a player might do in a different situation. St.Louis doesn't have an elite playmaker, so if they don't want to trade him for what he is rather than what people think he could be in Pittsburgh if everything pans out perfectly, they're going to have to hope he can return to form on the Blues without a superstar center feeding him gimmes.

Warm Cookies is offline   Reply With Quote