View Single Post
Old
12-22-2012, 09:12 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
He has a similar tunnel vision to Pacioretty's early time with the Habs except Leblanc can cycle a mean puck and grind it out, but here's the thing, Max made huge strides to improve his game, scoring and playmaking as well as 200-ft awareness. Leblanc is okay defensively but he'll need to also be more aware of his teammates. Plenty of time to get that fixed, but who is going to be his Desharnais? Bournival?

Also his "pure skillset" is pretty good, hence why he stuck around most of the season and looked like a fit despite needing seasoning imo.

The critical thing for him right now is to stay healthy and play with better playmakers and create chemistry with them.
When he was drafted, Pacioretty already was seen as a good passer and using well his teamates. His question mark was to know if he was going to be a scorer in the big league. While Leblanc was already seen as a good all-around player but that might miss something to put him as a top 6 player. By skillset, while it's a large concept, I mean, offensively. Leblanc stuck around based on his hardwork and his ability to not make critical mistakes. That doesn't strike me as a sign of better things to come offensively, though again, I don't write him off. People would be dumb to say so. Problem in Montreal is that we have too many of those players that NEEDS better players to make them better instead of being initiators themselves. We surely have one coming soon though.