View Single Post
Old
12-22-2012, 08:37 AM
ajmidd12
Know-It-All

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
GWI had been to every council session involving a lease agreement with a persective owner repeatedly beating their chests..... until Jamison. They didn't even get involved with Ken Jones' latest referendum drive, which is going down in flames.... again. You honestly think they're going to just ride in now and deliver the team to Quebec City??
Don't be naive. TL - I would consider you a reasonable intelligent person (for the majority of your posts anyways), so I assume you're bright enough to know that GWI hasn't had anything to challenge yet, nothing has been formally signed by the CoG. Now that the CoG has dealt their hand in full (no bluffs), the rest of us expect GWI to jump on this like a fat kid on cake.

As for deliver the team to Quebec, unlikely, but the team shouldn't remain in Glendale, anywhere else would be better at this point.

Quote:
He has the investors. Was reported back in the summer the money is in escrow. But some of it is contingent upon acquiring a lease agreement with Glendale.... which he is about to complete.
Do you have a credible source? No, no you don't. However one can easily assume since it has taken GJ 16+ MONTHS to raise the capital funding to purchase the team that he likely doesn't have it.

However to give you the benefit of the doubt, he might have some of it, or he might have all of it, no one actually knows, that's the beauty of speculation. Personally I don't think he does otherwise why wouldn't he close when he was getting a much bigger piece of the pie with the old AMF agreement?

Quote:
Oh..... a big deal it is.
No, it really isn't. It's like me sending out a contract for execution to one of my clients, until I sign it, it isn't worth the paper it's written on.