View Single Post
Old
12-22-2012, 08:38 AM
pensrule2011

vCash: 500
Joe Nieuwendyk steps down as GM leaving position to Dan Murray
September 26, 2012

Nieuwendyk Giving his closing press conference

After only three seasons as the Dallas Stars GM, Niewendyk has stepped down. Thought to be sticking with the Stars another year when he made a flurry of trades and signings this offseason, the owners were surprised when they got the call. "Joe has been a big part of the franchise spanning form the beginning of his career to even after it becoming GM in 09," said owner Tom Gaglardi. Joe did not want to make a comment about his leave only telling us, "I have helped the Stars as much as I can, I hope the next GM can help them to another and so longed for cup."

To take over Niewendyk's position is experienced GM Dan Murray. He has headed management of the Plymouth Whalers for the past 2 seasons and has seen success in both. We had a chance to talk to the new GM in a press conference late yesterday, "I am very excited to head such a prominent franchise and I believe we have a strong base of players to work with. With scoring talents Jamie Benn and Loui Eriksson and elite goaltender Kari Lehtonen at the backend I believe we are off to a good start. Though there are still holes that need to be filled in the lineup, which hopefully can be done through our prospects like Radek Faksa, John Klingberg, and Jyrki Jokipakka."

Murray didn't comment on the issies and possibility of tradingcaptain Brendan Morrow. More on this later

-Stars News