View Single Post
Old
12-22-2012, 08:38 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
I think he could help this team, I don't think his under 18 tourney or the one just prior to the draft last year was a fluke when he led all Cdn scorers as a D Man, I think he was filled with thoughts to alter his game, and thus didn't make the impact he could have. Looking at some of the D on Canada, it looks like we picked a safe team to medal, but not one that went for gold. We will see, but I rarely like this strategy.
I never trust tourneys, its a good place to challenge the best youth from different countries but they can also be an anomaly. I just try to grasp whats the possibilities of their game and how they see the ice against their peers. He wasn't that great in the SSS and so far neither in the dub, yea he has shown some great flash but he hasn't done it to the point where I am stunned that he is on the ice regularly with such consistency.

As far as the D, it's a work in process and for murphy to be the seventh defensemen for our team, yea it's safe to say we are making it a skill based safe journey for the medals.