View Single Post
Old
12-22-2012, 12:36 PM
Sens Rule

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayzinSmith View Post
1995-96 - Esa Tikkanen, 37 points in 38 games w/ VAN.

Wasn't a low-scoring season at all. Half the league averaged at least three goals a game, w/ Pittsburgh getting almost four and a half a game. Mario Lemieux had 161 points. Twelve players topped 100 points, and two more had 99. It was two years later when scoring dropped like a rock.
Tikkanen had some sick playoff runs with the Oiler's post-Gretzky. Where he dominated all over the ice... not just in the points column. He is a HHOF talent in my opinion. A severely underrated player. I would pick him over Glenn Anderson for peak any day of the week. When you consider the fact he was awesome defensively and also was one of the premier pests in all of hockey... he deserves some HHOF consideration. That may sound crazy, but I believe he was that useful of a player. 72 playoff goals! 14th All-time. Every player with more... except Claude Lemieux... is in the HHOF or will be. All the player's in the top 25 are HHOFer's except Bobby Smith and Brian Propp who are tied for 20th. And Propp should get some consideration for the HHOF himself.

Sens Rule is offline   Reply With Quote