View Single Post
Old
12-22-2012, 02:12 PM
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
what If I dont go to a gym, but I have my free weights and do my ab exercises and such... will that do anything?
Of course it will. You don't need a gym for anything. Virtually everything I wrote can be done, in some variation, without any special equipment. Body weight exercises are great too. I adhere less to the 80/15/5 break down; it certainly makes it ginormously easier if you focus on diet to such an extent, but you can achieve wonders without changing up your diet too much (if you're not trying to lose significant weight; that's a different story) as long as you do make an effort to be conscientious and responsible.

Realize the time commitment you're putting in at the gym and don't blow it every time you put food in your tank. As for working out without a gym, if you can make the commitment to do it in a regimented manner than there's no reason you can't achieve an outstanding body. My problem with working out at home is I tend to cut my workouts shorter because all of the comforts of home are just up the stairs and I don't have the motivation I get from having to actually go some place. I do totally agree with the effectiveness of body weight workouts and calisthenics though.

Ollie Queen is offline   Reply With Quote