View Single Post
Old
12-22-2012, 02:15 PM
BlueDream

vCash: 500
Why would Porter be in the starting lineup? No need to even bring him back. I would argue that Cracknell, Murray, even Peluso would all be better options as a 4th-liner or extra forward.

Don't see the need to bring D'Agostini back as Schwartz should be ready to go and I think McDonald would like to return. I guess trading D'Ags might be best.

The biggest question to me is whether Langenbrunner or Nichol will return. I think they both have another year left in them but they always could retire, and also, do we need them? I love the roles they provide but who knows with our depth... Right now I'm going to guess that Langs could be back at least. Didn't he want a 2-year deal in the summer? Could be wrong but thought I heard something like that.

I also think the longer the lockout goes, the better chance we go with Cole than add someone but that is also questionable. He seems to be doing fine in Peoria.

Overall it will be a similar team but interesting to think about. As of now I would do:

Perron-Backes-Oshie
Schwartz-Berglund-Stewart
McDonald-Steen-Tarasenko
Langenbrunner-Sobotka-Reaves
Peluso?

Cole-Pietrangelo
Jackman-Shattenkirk
Russell-Polak
FA extra

Halak
Elliott

Don't see that top 9 really changing. 4th line maybe. But overall, that looks good. Could use another defenseman still but I can't really predict what they will do there. With one more d-man added though I would feel good about that roster.

BlueDream is offline   Reply With Quote