View Single Post
Old
12-22-2012, 03:24 PM
chewerjones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenault View Post
Missed my point, I am not saying that they should be playing this year; actually I for one, believe that for most drafties (there are the excemptions) a year at Junior A is much better than being a 4th liners on an OHL team. What I wished to stress was that Sudbury does a dismal job maintaining a constructive and nurturing relationship wth its prospect compared to other clubs. Unfortunate but true, just ask around the league.
Agreed Arsenault.

Sudbury has a nucleus of 2 to 3 good lines for next year, as I have discussed previously and they will have to lose their fab 5 now via trade, and sacrifice the 2nd half of the season, but it will help them tremendously next year.

Alot more quality time for the remaining 94s and 95s, along with some playing time for possible kids like Vilardi, Leblanc, Peters, Poulin Roy, Cummins, DeHaan, etc... will definitely strengthen their team for next year's run.

The trades can provide imediate help for next year in the form of 94s and 95s, and some much needed draft picks to secure OAs and possibly a #1 goalie.

Make the moves BS, and think of next year and not this year. We will still make playoffs this year, and who knows, the East is up for the taking.