View Single Post
Old
12-22-2012, 04:41 PM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
The number 1 priority of Islanders management is to be as close to the cap floor as possible. They would have no interest in Bourque/Plekanec for Nino/1st etc.
I didn't say trade Bourque to NY Islanders. I said Nino could take his place and probably eventually do better. The conversation started from the POV of trading Plekanec to the Isles and get Anders Lee... just saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
How ? With his 1 goal in 45 games ?

People are going overboard on Bourque. Imagine if Nino replicated his performance ?

On top of that, Islanders aren't going to trade away 1st rounders and top prospects for alright top 6 wingers to speed up their growth...
For Niederreiter to replicate Bourque's performance he would have to play in the NHL for the same length of time and most likely produce just as much as Bourque was. I don't mind that even if we're as patient with him as we were with AK.

Anyway I'm pretty sure you're right about the Islanders not doing anymore trades like this. They'd probably try to get Plekanec on the cheap, if they were interested, and that's when you need a GM that can tell them to go to hell.

Last edited by vokiel: 12-22-2012 at 04:47 PM.