Thread: Proposal: Top 4 D-man to Colorado?
View Single Post
Old
12-22-2012, 06:38 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
A few things... Avs do not need a top 4 guy so much as a #2/3 guy (at minimum).

IF we trade for a defender, we need to also move a defender.
IF we trade a center, we need to also acquire a center.

Honestly, I don't see a whole lot of possibilities. Phoenix and Florida might be in need of some offense like Stastny or Duchene, but I'm not sure they'd want to move Yandle or Kulikov until they had some time to see their teams in action during the season.
Pretty much this.

Despite the fact that we do have 3 Top 6 Centres, and even possibly 3 #1C's, we dont have anything after that really. If we move a C, we would HAVE to get a #3C in return to replace whatever C we move(Unless managment feels 1 of Olver/Sgarbossa/Malone can step into the NHL, which I personally dont think they could yet). And we have an excess nubmer of Dmen right now, the problem is there all 4/5/6 Dmen outside of Hejda and Johnson.

Im still a fan of the Yandle/Stastny swap, and made this proposal a few weeks ago that seemed to get some positive responses from both fan bases:

Stastny
Wilson/Obrien/Obyrne/Zanon/Hunwick(Any one of those 5, all have similar value)

Yandle
Gordon

Avs get there #1C and a very good #3C to replace the C we lost, while the Yotes get there #1C and a Hard hitting Dman to replace Yandle. I think the Avs would probably have to add a pick or something to get it done, but IMO its a good basis for a trade.

Other then a trade like this, I would just prefer the Avs be patient and see if we cant sign Edler or another big name UFA Dman, or wait and see what Barrie/Elliott/Siemens can turn out like. Personally I think Barrie has a pretty good chance at this point to develop into a #2/3 Dman at the NHL level.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote