View Single Post
Old
12-22-2012, 07:00 PM
BoonesJenner

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
The question I beg is, had the Swedish kid not been so obviously injured on the play, and had skated to the bench as Maatta had after the check last year, would the penalty have been as severe? I watched last year's hit so closely, so many times. I won't argue that the hit today was late, because it absolutely was ... I agree with all of you there.

One thing I'll mention is that Boone Jenner isn't on the team to do what he does in junior. With Oshawa, he's counted on to be a leader, plays on the powerplay, and is their top line presence. With Team Canada, he's a depth/role player, likely to spend much of his ice time on the third and fourth lines, expected to kill penalties and provide a physical presence. This will likely be his role in the NHL if/when he gets there, so this is the kind of play we should all expect to see from him. Hopefully not quite this reckless though
Don't forget about winning faceoffs! They were mentioning Jenner a lot this morning with all the penalties Canada was taking and he was getting a lot praise his pk and faceoffs which is perfect for the role in cbj he could play. Seeing how it looks like we're going to be a D first team he has the perfect gritty, defensive minded scoring the jackets need.