Thread: Proposal: Tomas Plekanec to Minnesota
View Single Post
Old
12-22-2012, 08:32 PM
CanadianSharks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbuis View Post
You shouldn't be happy with mediocre for the rest of the way. We have an excellent chance to build something special. A contender. It would suck to have to give up Plekanac but there is a price to pay. As goes for Subban. Lets see, fought with 4 different teammates last year, fought with coaches, led the league in minor penalties, cant let teammates conduct an interview without having to interrupt so the attention can be on him. I admit there's potential but theres potential in Dumba and a first with better chemistry.
1. Plekanec: A great locker room presence, amazing two way player, in his prime, etc. I'd hate to give him up, but if I am, one could get FAR more than the measly return you suggested.

2. Subban: LOVES the city, LOVES the fans (and loved by them), current and future stud, etc.

For Subban and Plekanec, Minny will be giving up a LOT more than what you listed. You could start with Granlund + Brodin + Dumba. Yeah, highly unlikely that they'd do it, but I'd be iffy about accepting even that from Montreal's perspective. I'm not happy with mediocre; trading amazing players for good but not great prospects seems like a one way trip to the bottom of the standings. You can't build a contender solely around prospects, otherwise Edmonton would have won a cup long ago. You really need a reality check, Bergevin would be gone within 24 hours if he made such a deal.

CanadianSharks is online now   Reply With Quote