View Single Post
Old
12-22-2012, 09:17 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Invictus View Post
I only plugged the old drive in to see what would happen; it's not connected anymore. Otherwise, it shares a video card. I tried a different card, same thing happened.

Otherwise RAM, mobo, PSU, processor, are all new. HD is fresh out of box and has nothing on it.

I tried resetting CMOS, that didn't help. Also, before BIOS really gets going (like if you hit F2) it will at some point say no hard drive is detected. However, it is detected when you're in BIOS.

Error: ***STOP: 0x0000007B 0xC0000034 0x00000000 0x00000000

It recommends I check for viruses (ha!) and remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. I should also check to make sure my hard drive is properly configured and terminated. It wants me to run CHDSK /F but that's no possible since XP won't start in any way, shape or form.

I'd like to format the empty hard drive to see what that does, but I can't get to that stage of the XP setup either. It does try to boot from the CD, it loads all the files, and then immediately crashes once it attempts to start.
Okay, so you are trying to install XP on a new motherboard correct?

BSOD's can be caused by having the SATA controller incorrectly configured in XP without drivers. Go into the BIOS and check to see if the mode of the controller is set to AHCI or RAID. If so change it to it IDE compatibility mode.