View Single Post
Old
12-22-2012, 08:52 PM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Vedder View Post
I poke my head in here from time to time to check news, or spit ball an idea off the minds kicking around here.

Heres my current brain fart:

At this point, damage to league is real though extent is obviously unknown. When the league comes back, the salary cap will be based on a % of league wide revenue as it always has been, though the share will be more even. Great.

Heres what I am concerned about: The Canadian teams wont take a big revenue hit, imo. Theres too many people like me who will watch every game, buy some tickets a couple times a year, and swoon over every moment of the schedule.

The big revenue hit will *probably* be in non-traditional US markets that are already struggling.

My Concern, in a tl;dr format:

Canadian teams will keep LEAGUE revenue relatively very high, which in turn will keep the cap #s (floor/ceiling) quite high (relatively) and the teams struggling now will continue to struggle because of this and ultimately lead to another lockout one day, or more instability.

Discuss
What makes you think that?

Note: I don't necessarily disagree with you. I just see this assumption thrown around on these boards, and am interested to know if someone can explain to me why they think this way.

Finlandia WOAT is online now   Reply With Quote