View Single Post
Old
12-22-2012, 09:33 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYenik View Post
I don't know about you guys, but as long as they keep the team where it is, I'd love a new owner. Samueli is like a ghost, and the Ducks "brand" has suffered greatly due to lack of marketing, probably due to Samueli's lack of interest or tight purse strings. It's like he thinks people will just come to hockey in southern California without being told there actually is hockey in Southern California.

I miss the days when you could get collectible schedule cups from Del Taco, or walk down the street and see bus stop posters with ticket information, or walk into a Target or Wal-Mart and at least see one rack with some Ducks merchandise. It's a sad day when local MLS teams have better marketing and publicity than the Ducks.

But yeah, I'm kind of scared that the Ducks, some day soon, will not be in Anaheim.
Samueli has done more for NON professional hockey in Southern California then anyone probably ever. He has keep some rinks alive. He does care about hockey in the area and he is smart enough to know that promoting hockey as a sport will bring more fans to the Pond then just promoting the Ducks.