View Single Post
Old
12-22-2012, 10:09 PM
Krnuckfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Baloney.

If the NHL was serious about all teams being profitable, they'd institute more profit-sharing than the current 6 percent (or whatever ridiculous amount it is). And they'd move that giant sucking black hole out of Arizona.

It's simple, as some have already pointed out in this thread. Professional hockey players make good money (as they should, being the world's most highly skilled at a desirable profession), and a significant number of HF posters envy them. Typical HF boards poster says "I love hockey so much, I'd play for (100 bucks per week/minimum wage/free). Those guys don't know how lucky they are."

Hockey players know they make a lot of money. They also know that owners would pay them as little as possible and treat them like absolute dirt if they didn't have a union and a strong CBA (read up on the history of pro sports sometime). They also, starting from the time they first put on skates, work their behinds off for that money. Sure, it's fun, but that doesn't mean it's easy.

The owners don't care about the players, and they sure as hell don't care about the fans. They care about making money. I can't understand how any fan can be delusional enough to believe anything else.

And if anyone forever dislikes a player because he's taking a stand for what he thinks is right, I don't know what to tell you.
Swap around owners and players in that paragraph and you'd be speaking the truth as well. At least the owners aren't pretending that they aren't greedy like the players are.

Krnuckfan is offline   Reply With Quote