View Single Post
Old
12-22-2012, 10:16 PM
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Farkas View Post
It's not about Corey Perry or Chris Stewart. It's just about Chris Stewart. The Penguins organization - as far as I know - would not have such a player in their ranks. You see players like Stewart every once in a while...fine goal-scorer, can actually do some damage on fine days...scoresheet and vitals say that he's of quality and competence and desire, but the people in the business have other ideas. He'll get passed around from team to team, each successor club thinks that they'll be the ones to reel him in, or they have a coach or a teammate that they think he'll work with and for, but it never really comes fruition...he never delivers on his fullest potential...

He'll probably do his best work on bad or loose teams, if there's ever another league expansion, he'll be there...but when it's time for a serious team to get serious, Stewart (barring the ever-discussed, ever-banked on turnaround) will be pushed to the margins or pushed to the next stop...

Whether you believe that or not, I don't mind, I would be skeptical too. But as a Penguins fan, I have no interest in him. There are hungrier players out there that are determined to get better, to be an active part of the solution that the Pens could do better with. Even if they aren't as talented.
He's been on two teams and is 25. I think you may be judging him a little bit early. Good lord. He's not even just a goal scorer. But you wouldn't know that.

He'll probably do his best work on teams that are open and more uptempo. And/or he just had one off year last year. It happens. Sometimes people just aren't as good one year. They can return. Prior to that he had two 29 goal seasons. But let me guess, the 26 games down the stretch two years ago as the Blues pushed to try to get to a playoff spot isn't a serious time.

And it's interesting that you would mention Stewart not being a hungry player, or determined. Maybe you should read his story some time. Might help you gain perspective.

bluesfan94 is offline   Reply With Quote