12-23-2012, 12:09 AM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Not just younger...I have totally lost my interest in baseball due to its boring nature and I have no idea who is juicing anymore.

Baseball lost its credibility with me long ago.
Same with me as well. I used to watch every Dodgers game like a true fiend, but now my summer nights are spent catching up on old TV.

Another interesting note touched on earlier was the matter of relocation. The reason more NBA franchises relocate is because the commissioner actively encourages it and believes that the more cities that get to see pro basketball, the better. There is also enough demand in the locales relocated to support relocated teams for a while. It also helps the NBA in that once a Seattle for example loses their team, you can be sure they won't do the same when they get it back, thus creating a stable market. On the other hand, Bettman is fervently against relocation these days and attempts to block it regardless of the cost to the league. Also consider that the NHL's main ground for revenue/relocation to expand revenue is in a country where publicly funded arenas are pretty rare. The NBA's main ground is where anyone with a political connection can get an arena built for them. NHL can't replicate that either. They just have to do their own thing.