View Single Post
Old
12-23-2012, 12:50 AM
SJeasy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuklaNation View Post
Its a similar situation in the political arena where the pressure to compromise results in an untenable structure. At some point, the system needs to be fixed. Not on my watch and kick the can down the road are the common symptoms.
I agree with your take much more than the original question of the thread. The answer to the original question is that it depends on the market and that is not split entirely along country lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
To me, a winning team is gonna bring back fans. (Unless of course you're Phoenix)

Short term, there might be some hurt, but long term, I think most of the fan base comes back.

And the positive thing is, maybe the lockout puts hurt on the few teams that really shouldn't be there at all, and they get moved to legitimate locations.
I actually think Phoenix might improve modestly if they have a real owner. Their biggest issue has been corporate sponsorships (almost nil) and STHs. Give a committed org some time to drum up interest with the promise that they are staying and who knows what will happen. They can't go lower. It won't be cellar to penthouse in one swoop, but I could see them getting about halfway up the stairs out of the basement towards the first floor.

SJeasy is offline   Reply With Quote