View Single Post
Old
12-23-2012, 05:56 AM
JaredCowenFan
Senators United

vCash: 500
After a long and unsatisfying season to say the least I made lots of moves in the off-season.

I finished with the 3rd overall pick, and wanted to try and get Drouin and thought I might not be able to at #3 so I traded for L.A's 2nd overall pick and got Drouin. And with my pick at #3 I snagged Seth Jones! Drouin had 4-1/2 Gold stars and Jones had 4-1/2 Green stars! I traded Cammalerri, Vrbata and a few 5th Round and higher picks for L.A's pick. Lots of players of mine dropped in Overalls like Cammy and Havlat from 85's to 84's, Vrbata from 82 to 80, Hemsky from 83 to 82 and Michalek from 86 to 85. That Michalek dropping really hurt, he was supposed to be my #2 Defenceman. Well, thank goodness I've got a great defensive crop coming up. I could make that move for the the #2 pick becuase Huberdeau jumped all the way to 85 Overall and Galchenyuk jumped to 83 Overall(still with his Green stars) and they have great offensive stats with nice speed and decent checking.

Here's the INS and OUTS of this off-season:

INS:

Drouin
Jones
D. Morris
Auld
Dansk
Comeau
Richardson

Outs:

Cammalerri
Vrbata
Hedberg
S. Thorton

My line-up now shakes up to be:

Huberdeau(85OVR) - Thorton(88OVR|C) - Galchenyuk(83OVR)
Heatley(85OVR) - Ribeiro(82OVR|A) - Havlat(84OVR)
Comeau(79OVR) - Fisher(81OVR) - Hemsky(82OVR)
Richardson(76OVR) - Fiddler(74OVR) - Torres(75OVR)

Carle(86OVR) - Z. Michalek(85OVR)
Streit(84OVR) - Hainsey(84OVR|A)
Liles(82OVR) - Morris(82OVR)

Lundqvist(91OVR) - Auld(77OVR)

I've decided to strip the 'A' off of Carle and Michalek and put them on Ribeiro and Hainsey based mainly on how much experience and leadership they have/and will have. And, also Carle and Michalek will most likely be traded/bumped down in the near future with all these young stud defenceman coming up.

Havn't talked about my AHL team, the Binghamton Senators yet. They made it to the playoffs last year, Round 1 knock-out though. This year we will have such players as: Scheifele(81OVR) and Murray(75OVR). We will also have all our top potential goalies in the A. (Campbell, Subban, Gibson, Dansk). Last year I just started Campbell the whole year but I might split it this year. I also had alot more potential prospects playing last year like Grigerenko, Reinhart, Pouliot ect but for some reason they're in the CHL this year. :S

Well, let's HOPE for a better year this year. I am atleast hoping for the playoffs this year, to be honest.

WISH US LUCK!!!!