View Single Post
Old
12-23-2012, 07:15 AM
Canadiens1958

vCash: 500
Projections

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfan94 View Post
Which is exactly what I said. And really? We're going to use their coverage in the OHA to decide who was better? Excuse while I call star Gilbert Brule up and see how he's doing.

True, which is why the fact that there may be only one Montreal newspaper on google archives is particularly useless. They were both covered extensively, so it's not like we have to draw only from one newspaper. Like I said, records are better than they were before, thanks, in large part, to google archives, which I'm sure will keep improving.
Projections and weaknesses from junior paint an interesting portrait of a player's NHL career. Esposito's skating was an issue in junior - only one year of OHA, after a Jr B season. Dionne defensive play was an issue. Continued as a problem into the NHL.

Doubtful that the Google Newspaper Archive Project gets better since it was terminated in 2011:

http://www.theatlantic.com/technolog...roject/239239/

It will be enhanced slowly as other sources slowly get their newspaper and publication collections online but unless Google changes their position, their newspaper archives will remain stagnant. Fortunately the Google Archive Project is still available online.

Canadiens1958 is online now   Reply With Quote