View Single Post
Old
12-23-2012, 03:17 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-wayman View Post
Of course draft picks are over-rated. This is HF

There is no need for the Leafs to trade Franson except it is fans understanding that Franson has indicated he doesn't want to play for the Leafs. I haven't heard if he has officially asked to be traded or not. Its unfortunate for the Leafs as Franson has harmed somewhat what the Leafs could trade him for.

The Leafs would be better to ask for a prospect such as Sauve brcause he is not yet NHL ready or for a forward. Mason Raymond gets a hard time here on HF but in reality he really is a good player and would fit well on the Leafs. Mason actually would be slight overpayment for Franson, but 2/3 line wingers are an area that the Canucks have an excess so can afford to overpay.
Raymond for Franson+....I could get behind that. A Kulemin-Lombardi/Connolly-Raymond line would be an amazing 3rd line for them, with 2 20 goal scoring wingers, and one of two centers who could use a boost playing with higher calibre wingers.

We shed a little salary, get back a bottom pairing (for now) RHD, and remove just a little redundancy from our roster, with Booth, Higgins and Hansen all being very strong skaters in the role Raymonds in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Canuck View Post
Not taking what side each defensemen plays into consideration:

Corrado - Hamhuis
Tanev - Edler

I'd love to see this.
Finish that with a Bieksa/Garrison pairing (both are signed for a few years still) and that's a solid core. I would have loved to see Corrado in preseason this year though, everything he's doing in the O shows me that he's nearly ready.

Cogburn is online now   Reply With Quote