Old
12-23-2012, 03:20 PM
3rdlineglory
Korsi Kevin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
There you go.

Sorry, I was trying to provoke a response to show an example of what the OP was talking about.

(Also, I've seen several Rangers fans on here convinced he's going to be the Rangers best forward, a PPG, 40-goal, two-way All-Star. Secondly, I do watch AHL games and Kreider has been quite invisible in the dozen or so games I've seen. Thirdly, I don't care how great he'd playing, he still has a respectable 9% shooting, so it's not like he's not getting any luck or anything like that. He's just not an elite scoring prospect. That's all.)
How tacky of you. I knew someone would fall for it btw. What if I came in here and started dissing your favorite prospect? Oh and of course Hertl is your favorite prospect because he is the only decent prospect in the Sharks garbage prospect pool. I wonder if Sharks fans would let that one slide ? (Just for the record I don't truly feel that way about the Sharks prospect pool, I think it's pretty underrated. I don't want to start a flame war.)

I may have joined recently, but I have been lurking these boards for over a year now and HatTrick is one of the most informed, objective posters on here. He responded to your post to disprove a myth. Kreider is a utility forward that works best with cerebral players (won't be a problem with Stepan and Richards being his potential centers if he develops into a top six forward.) He did well these past playoffs because he was working with better talent. He scored 5 goals in 20 games as a rookie against playoff calibre competition. That's a 20 goal pace if you prorate that for a full regular season! Not bad for a player that's mostly unfamiliar with his teammates, the coaches, and the system they employ. You see there is a difference between naive homerism and trying to disprove myths that are prevalent on this message board. As a Shark fan, you're probably used to constantly defending Joe Thornton whenever people say he's a playoff choker. (I know he's not a prospect, but that is still a case of people confusing posters calling out ******** and homerism.)

3rdlineglory is offline   Reply With Quote