View Single Post
Old
12-23-2012, 03:05 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantEggRoll View Post
In terms of 7) I really do not think Ottawa is going to be a team that benefits from or uses the "buyout" mechanism that may or may not be included in the new CBA. At this point why would you buy out a 5.5mil contract that is keeping your team above the floor and providing you with a player that can be used when he only has one year left on his deal?

I don't know exactly what you'd have to pay Gonchar to buy him out but I would assume it would be around 3mil. Then you have to spend another 1-3mil to bring in a new free agent who does not know your system and you possibly wind up paying more for less. In my opinion it makes no sense no buy out any of the contracts on Ottawa's roster.
Completely agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deku Scrub View Post
I think the thing here is that Edler is going to be a UFA, so if Gillis doesn't expect him to resign, then he would get some value back for him.

However I think I'd rather hold on to Latendresse and try to sign Edler in free agency.
So is Latendresse... Mind you, I think that if we want him back, he's a good bet to resign here, season or no season. Its either here or Montreal.

internetdotcom is online now   Reply With Quote