View Single Post
12-23-2012, 03:43 PM
vCash: 500
I might be one of the few people that think you don't go BPA. (The only way you do that is if its after the 2nd round)

This is how I see the Leafs system breaking down:

Much like the LA Kings, they have gone with 2 very young offensive minded dmen in Doughty and Voynov. They both skate very well and look to jump into the rush whenever there is a chance. Then, they have paired them with 2 veteran defensively responsible dmen in Willie Mitchell and Rob Scuderi. The way that they were so successful, outside of their amazing goaltending, is that they were matched up so well.

So where does this leave the Leafs? Well, they already have good young Jake Gardiner that has amazing wheels and can provide offence. Then they draft high end potential Morgan Rielly to do the exact same thing on another pairing. And by the time that they are both really coming into their potential, Phaneuf is a UFA. Just the way I see it happening in a couple years. Not saying that they won't retain him, just facts.

So where does this leave the Leafs in this draft?? Well, they already have their 2 defensive studs for the future. The only thing that they are missing is a forward with a high ceiling. Are they going to keep hanging their hats on Kadri being that guy? Nope, that ship has sailed. What about 1st round pick Biggs? Nope, not the type of player that they are looking for that will score 30 in a year. In my mind, I think that leaves you with one option.

Shinkaruk, Monahan, Barkov, Mackinnon. That's who you are looking for.

showtime8 is offline   Reply With Quote