View Single Post
Old
12-23-2012, 04:34 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
In my opinion (I think it was a Sunday game), the win against the Rangers is the most important in team history not a Cup Finals' game. Even more so than the win against the Soviets.

Orest Kindrachuk had a hat trick in that brawl-game against Detroit.

Bladon's 8 points were incredible and almost forgotten was he was +10 in that game.

Hill's game was broadcast nationally, too, through a syndicated outlet. I hope it was kept on film but I don't think it made the cut; I don't recall seeing any video.
The Rangers game to me will forever be underscore for me by the Schultz/Dale Rolfe fight where Hammer pummeled Rolfe while the Rangers stood there and allowed their teammate to be destroyed... sealing up the victory and the future, as I see it.

IIRC there was a heavy snow blizzard in Philly and may fans with tickets didn't venture out in the hazardous highways for a game they could see on TV... I recall a vey depleted Spectrum and a national audience, and Gene (bless his tremendous) Hart telling the TV fans that they have opened the Spectrum doors and anyone who wants to fight the elements can come in and see the game live... I also remember him extolling Hill and what he was accomplishing in front of such a sparse audience... At least that is how I remember it.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote