View Single Post
Old
12-23-2012, 05:27 PM
Boltsfan2029

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
All the blame is being put on the players for dragging this thing out when in reality their "tactics" are a direct response to how the league has chosen to negotiate.
I'm sorry, but you have to look at the whole picture, not just the last few weeks. The players have been stalling since the very beginning. If you want to consider the owners' current stance a stall, it's probably more a direct response to the players' continual, long-term stalling. The stall is Fehr's chosen course of action. He used it to delay starts of talks. He used it to delay responding to the league's first offer. He used it to frustrate the owners by waiting months to submit the PA's first formal proposal. Brass tacks, stalling tactics were initiated by the players and, for that reason, I don't think they have much right to complain at this point.

The league wants an agenda for any meeting before scheduling it. That's not stalling, that's simple common sense.

Quote:
The league has decided to use the leverage they get from making the players miss cheques, starting earlier wouldn't have helped. The owners were going to make the players pay for anything they want to keep with game cheques, no deal was going to be reached before now.
I keep hearing this, so someone is going to have to explain to me why, then, the league asked not once, but twice, to begin negotiations starting over a year ago. How were they going to get to the lockout stage from there had the players agreed to begin talks? They were going to spend almost a year doing... nothing, even though they requested to start talking? That makes no sense to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyerMaker66 View Post
It's not "some fairy tail world": Fehr openly agreed to do so.
OK, I'll chime in. I've never heard this and I'd be shocked if Fehr would agree to this. Need a link on this one, thanks.