Thread: Team Toughness
View Single Post
Old
12-23-2012, 09:31 PM
Canuckman44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
I see that Pierre Cedric Labrie is a free agent this off season, I would give him a one year one way contract for the 2013-2014 season. Every time Bingo plays Syracuse, I find that Labrie is fairly noticeable on the ice. Aside from his physical game, he seems to be a good agitator and actually has a bit of offensive skill for a fighter. I think he would fill in well as the 13th forward and we could play him against some of the more physical teams like LA, Boston, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh.

Aside from that, I have been impressed with Dziurzynski's play this season and think that he has a real good chance of making the team next season. Adding Dziurzynski and Labrie to go along with Neil, Smith and Greening would make the sens pretty tough up front. Then there is also the chance that Stone and Zibanejad make the team and they are both fairly physical players as well. I could also see Murray aggressively going after Perry, and if he manages to sign him then that will add a lot of toughness to our top six.

On defense, it looks like Borowiecki and Gryba are pretty close and there is also some speculation that Sdao may be able to push for a spot as soon as next season. Add two of them to Cowen and Methot and we one of the tougher defenses in the league.

I could see the sens lineup looking something like this in 2013-2014

Forwards
Zibanejad-Spezza-Perry
Michalek-Turris-Silfverberg
Greening-Hoffman-Stone
Dziurzynski-Smith-Neil
Labrie, O'Brien

Defense
Methot-Karlsson
Wiercioch-Cowen
Gryba/Sdao/Borowiecki-Phillips
Gryba/Sdao/Borowiecki

Goalies
Anderson
Lehner
YOU WILL not see many teams with a"goon". Toughness now means they can hit, win battles in corners, and fight if they need to. I AGREE with the fact that several tough guys who can play the game to a higher level who are not quite as tough in the pugilistic part of the game, are better for the team overall. You not see Boro and Gryba fighting much because the both have nagging injuries recieved in a fight, and Cowen is out for the year. HOWEVER THEY STILL CAN BE TOUGH.

Canuckman44 is offline   Reply With Quote