Thread: Proposal: Keith Yandle to the Habs
View Single Post
Old
12-23-2012, 10:36 PM
letowskie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyvan123 View Post
I'm not so sure that the Yotes wouldn't move Yandle of Plekanec straight up.

OEL is the franchise Dman in the desert and the Yotes have more than enough good young prospects in Gormley, Goncharov, Rundblad and Murphy to handle the loss of Yandle.
That's not the point at all.

I have mentioned Yandle a number of times in other threads that involved a TOP-LINE HIGH-END SKILLED forward that can serve as an offensive catalyst, and one that needs to be reasonably young as to grow with the development of young players in the org (prob no more than 27 right now).

Plekanec, as useful as he is, is not that. Any of the big four on D in our organization Yandle/OEL/Gormley/Rundblad would only be moved by themselves or in a package if a legit 1st line offensive player is coming back, something like Duchene/Couture/Yak/Strome/Perron/Couterier/etc. We certainly can afford to trade Yandle, but Plekanec will not be the target if he is ever moved, the need for a 2nd line 2-way player (which we have a few) is an order of magnitude less than the need for a highly skilled offensive catalyst.

The other offer I made is certainly no slouch (Vermette + Murphy), which we can afford to do (Plek is a step up from Vermette, and we have a number of top-4 D and prospects ahead of Murphy already, so losing him wouldn't hurt the system much). And if you don't see that as a fair offer, then you should just move on, because we certainly don't see Plek's usefulness to us being anything more than that.

letowskie is offline   Reply With Quote