Thread: Proposal: Keith Yandle to the Habs
View Single Post
Old
12-23-2012, 09:46 PM
letowskie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
I don't dislike Vermette + Murphy for Plekanec. It doesn't sound bad at all... For a starter. Not sure if it would be the best offer on the table in a trade deadline scenario though.
Perhaps that could be the basis of a potential deal then.

I'm not sure if the Yotes would get into a bidding war though. I think this offer is already very close, if not enough to persuade the Canadiens to oblige.

Some in the Coyotes forums probably wouldn't even go this far, since many would cite the pretty high-ceiling that Murphy has. But I think that there is just too much of a logjam in that position for all of them to develop properly. We already have very capable vets in Klesla and Michalek; two young top-pairing worthy D-men in Yandle and OEL already proven at the NHL level; a few more young professionals (while not 1st pairing material, are very serviceable in top 5) in Schlemko/Goncharov/Summers/Stone/etc; a couple of potential studs in Gormley and Rundblad coming through the ranks. Someone like Murphy, as good potential as he is, might be buried in the depth chart for too long.

letowskie is offline   Reply With Quote