View Single Post
Old
12-23-2012, 10:55 PM
Bleedred
Ruutu means 2 MPH

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayball75 View Post
Boys.... Even Roy and Brodeur who are considered to be among the best that've played the game have had bad playoffs. Fluery played damn near every game last year because Johnson couldn't stop a beach ball. Ill admitt maf playoff wasn't very good but he is a big time goalie that can steal games. Pit doesn't take down Washington in game 7 if fluery doesn't stand on his head. Stops #8 on a break away with an incredible glove save that sets the tone of the game. Crawford had a good rookie season and a not so great sophomore season. He may rebound whenever they start again but maybe not
I have conflicting opinions on Fleury with myself. Not a big fan, BUT he isn't anywhere near as bad as he was last year in the playoffs. He was ridiculously bad, and the defense was bad as well. He will probably see better days in the future I'd bet.

And yes Brodeur had an awful 2001 SCF. I try to reason with the fellow Devils fans who feel the need to rip him over every goal he let in these playoffs. I said he's seen better days for sure, but he's also seen much worse. Had a worse save percentage in the 01 SCF than Luongo did in 11 somehow. Let in bad goals unscreened, undeflected from the blue line to Bourque, Blake, and Foote almost every game that SCF. Game 6 of the 01 SCF was the worst game I've ever seen him play. We were shutout by Roy so can't fault him. He was coming off a SCF win, and long season the year before to be fair.