View Single Post
Old
12-23-2012, 11:57 PM
Lay Z Boy GM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
I think that Lander still gets punched as well, pests are gonna pest. Do you think that somebody like Clutterbuck is scared of a goon? The goon will never get close to him, he'll either turtle, hide behind the ref or let his teams' goon do the job.

You hit the nail on the head with the Horton idea. Get a guy who can play and be on the ice with these skilled guys when they are getting targeted. Clowe or Malone would be a good option as well.
These borderline NHL goons are a waste of time. It was fun watching Smac fight but it did little to prevent injuries to the stars.
100% agree. Winning teams need to have guys that can play tough but still be able to actually play hockey. We're really lacking those kinds of players, at least in the top 6. If we make the playoffs and have our best players get pushed around like the Sedin sisters we're never winning anything.

I'm not really opposed to Hall fighting here and there. I don't want the guy breaking his wrists or anything, but you've got to be able to stand up for yourself. Look at Iginla during the Flames run, he fought every goon that shadowed him, and I'm sure he beat the snot out of all of them. I'd prefer Hall avoids fighting goons, but I'd be happy to see him stand up for himself against the run of the mill pests.

Lay Z Boy GM is offline   Reply With Quote