View Single Post
Old
12-23-2012, 11:35 PM
Sensbrah

vCash: 500
I'd hang onto Gonchar rather than trade him for what little other teams would offer. His value to us is greater than whatever one would give for a player of his age approaching free agency.

You need some vets on the ice for reasons of stability, leadership, etc. And getting slaughtered every night is hardly an environmental conducive to morale and learning. An entire defensive corps of young-20-somethings plus Philips isn't something I'd like to see. Rebuilding or not you always need a balance.

Dude still has plenty left in the tank. Gonchar was for my money our best defenseman in the playoffs this past season. Plus his shot from the point is invaluable. The PP was always at its best when he and Karlsson were paired together... I don't know why McLean didn't stick with it when it consistently generated offense against the Rangers. Gonchar's presence not only gives us a credible left handed shot from the point (something we lack) but also prevents teams from being able to shut down our entire point threat by keying on Karlsson.

Sensbrah is offline   Reply With Quote