View Single Post
Old
12-23-2012, 11:38 PM
JaredCowenFan
The Next Bergeron

vCash: 500
Well, year 2 with my Ottawa Senators Fantasy Draft Dynasty is in the books. And I have to say it was a good year. We finished 2nd in the Eastern Conference with 100PTS(1 point behind the leader). We also had a 3rd round exit VS. the San Jose Sharks. Corey Perry with the GWG in double O.T. in game 7. Big bummer, lol. Alex Galchenyuk, Big Joe and Huberdeau were unstopabble for most of the year. I myself would've thought Huberdeau would've been the stud outta the 2(Huberdeau and Galchenyuk) but Gally surprised me. Even though I knew he had the potentional(literally). Gally finished with 73 PTS in 82 games and won the Calder. Big Joe finished with 70 and Hubey just behind him. Galchenyuk boosted like crazy, all the way from 83 to 88 overall! He also still has his 41/2 green stars, he is forsure going to be a beast and a future Captain for me. Also, Murray and Rielly jumped high enough to make it on my top 6 for defenceman. Murray is now an 82 and Rielly is an 84. Also Mark Scheifele jumped from an 81 to an 86 so he will make it into my top 6 now. I finished with the 29th pick in this years draft and ended up snagging Josh Ho-Sang(**** gold star potential) so that isn't to bad. Here's the INS and OUTS of this years off-season:

INS:

Girardi
Ho-Sang
J. Lilja(3 star pot. but seen him get good)
Manny Malholtra
Maxime Lappiere

Outs:

Z. Michalek
Liles
Auld
Morris
Comeau

Yes, Michalek and Liles are out. I traded them both for Girardi. I needed to let Liles go as I had to many Offensive Defenceman and Michalek dropped again, this time to an 84. Oscar Dansk moved up to a 77(with **** gold star pot.) so I let Auld go and will have Dansk as a back-up. Here's how my roster will look for the 3rd year of this GM and 2015-16:

Galchenyuk(88OVR|A) - "Big Joe" Thorton(88OVR|C) - Huberdeau(86OVR)
Heatley(85OVR) - Scheifele(86OVR) - Havlat(84OVR)
Ribeiro(82OVR) - Fisher(80OVR) - Hemsky(82OVR)
Lapierre(76OVR) - Malholtra(77OVR) - Moar(78OVR)

Rielly(84OVR) - Hainsey(86OVR|A)
Carle(86OVR) - Murray(82OVR)
Streit(84OVR) - Girardi(85OVR)

Lundqvist(91OVR) - Dansk(77OVR)

Huberdeau and Hainsey jumped to 86 OVR's, and Fisher dropped to 80 OVR. Moar is a young rookie grinder with awesome Defensive stats. I also have had Rielly and Murray in previous GM modes and have paired them together at the overalls they're at now and they did good so I will be switching my D up once in a while. Overall I'm very happy with the way my team is looking right now. I am hoping we can win the cup this year. Anything other than a Stanley Cup apperance is a dissapointment TBH.

Cheers mates!