View Single Post
Old
12-24-2012, 12:23 AM
Imlach a cup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
So you think the AHL is just all development right? You don't think the Sabres have any responsibility to put a winning product on the ice to the Amerks fans, players, coaches, staff members, sponsors? Do you think it's easy to sell tickets to a boring, mediocre team? The Amerks have 60 years of history and success. Just throwing that out the window? People like my dad who have been coming since the 60's, he doesn't matter right? Let's just throw players our there like it's a practice league. If that's the case, do not charge money and let us all in for free.

Sorry, you're wrong. And every time someone like you with no perspective comes on here and says that it affirms what I really think about most Sabres fans. A huge shame when people like you think a team within this whole organization shouldn't put a winner on the ice.
Ok in the order you asked them;
Yes;
Minimal at best, I believe the line is "sole reason for existence is to win a stanley cup";
Doesn't matter at all, T Pegs can afford to paper the whole building;
60 years of history and 0 Cups;
Sorry your dad loves the Amerks, but as a Sabres fan, unless he plays center and can score 60-70 points a year, no he doesn't matter

However as irrelevant to the Sabres everything you said is, the fact that the team is losing and the prospects look bad to terrible in the process is an issue. The lack of defensive responsibility is an issue. Rewarding players who at times look pathetic with more ice is ridiculous. There's numerous issues with Rochester atm. Zero of them have to do with the roster not being capable of winning a Calder Trophy.

Here's some perspective for you. The bar at the top of the page says Buffalo Sabres and whether you like it or not there are people who couldn't care less about the Amerks. Without them the Sabres live on. Their record means nothing to the Sabres only the quality of the players they develop.

Posted from my phone at work in Henrietta. There's an envelop in my hand with Amerks tickets in it. When my boss gave them to me he said "I know how much you love going to the games" and hes right, I love seeing the Sabres prospects grow up, but winning a Calder Cup has never entered my mind as a priority for that team once.

Imlach a cup is offline   Reply With Quote