View Single Post
Old
12-24-2012, 02:56 AM
Dynamo81

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xokkeu View Post
If you are saying they like it better than the US and Canada like sports, I'll have to disagree. The NFL dwarfs anything that Europeans watch. There are the few hardcore fans who follow a clubs every move, but for most Europeans soccer is a weekend only event. There is not near the saturation of coverage throughout the week on every available media outlet and in every conversation that the NFL generates in the US or the NHL in Canada.
I usually agree and like your posts but you are completely wrong here. Having worked in both North America and Europe Football is not some "Weekend Only Event" football in Europe's' leading leagues in the words of Bryzgalov is humongous big compared to the popularity of NFL in the U.S or NHL in Canada. In a lot of countries in Europe and South America it is a religion. A lot of fans have their team in the domestic league who also compete in European competition (Champions League, Europa League) and follow the national team through the World Cup qualifiers/ European Championship Qualifiers.

I am very interested in how many people will follow their franchises in the NFL and NHL if they were to have promotion/relegation.

Dynamo81 is offline   Reply With Quote